Saturday, February 28, 2009

SCARED SHITLESS

I just realized that I have been rather liberal with the utilization of what some might call "unsavory" language.  I should probably be mindful of that since it's been said that one who uses such words usually does so for lack of vocabulary or imagination (or both).  I'd like to believe I lack neither, but I digress.

It's the beginning of the end for me, at least in my life as I know it now. Tomorrow I am giving my 30 days notice to vacate the apartment that I've lived in for the last three and a half years.  It's not so much that I want to move, but rather that I am entering the seventh month of unemployment and circumstances are such that I need to start radically conserving cash.

In the near term, it looks like I'll be a vagabond, surfing friends' sofas and guest rooms (but mainly sofas; my friends are not Rockefellers).  I guess I'm not entirely terrified, but there is much trepidation.  I am hopefully going to use the time to explore other areas of the country, see some friends and investigate other avenues of employment.  It will be sad to be leaving the one constant in my life, but I guess everything ends, eventually.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samosas for One said...

I don't have a sofa, but if you need a place to crash for a few days in NYC you can come stay at my place. The floor is always available!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home