Tuesday, March 03, 2009

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE, GIVE IT TO A BUSY PERSON

It's not just a saying, it's my current state of being.  Maybe it's a mid-life crisis. Maybe it's a funk.  I'm surmising that it lies somewhere between the two with a few more elements thrown in for good measure, but nonetheless, I cannot seem to get even the simplest tasks completed in a timely manner these days.

Now that I've written this, I have just postulated another reason; I'm used to being far busier than I have been these past six months.  It's not that I haven't been without job before, it's just that I haven't fallen into this type of lethargic mindset.  It's easier to write about than it is to actually do something about.

Oddly enough, I find that I've been watching less television than I used to.  I'm not sure how to attribute this, but it could be that I just don't have the patience for the time-suck that most American television confers, or that television is just devolving further into a cesspool of crap.  Either way, it's probably for the best, as there have been times I've actually felt like watching all the shows saved up on my DVR was a burden.  Quite frankly, I have enough burdens in my life not to add one so frivolous, thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samosas for One said...

This is part of the reason I'm getting rid of my cable, DVR, and TV.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Samosas for One said...

So now that you're busy can I give you something to do?

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home